6-month pay cut: Akwa Ibom public, political officeholders got full salaries restored
Akwa Ibom State Government has finally restored full salaries of public and political officeholders after more than Six months pay cut.
The Secretary to Akwa Ibom State Government, Dr. Emmanuel Ekuwem, announced this in a statement in Uyo entitled “RESTORATIONOF THE FULL SALARIES OF ALL PUBLIC AND POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDERS.”
“Further to the SSG’s Circular No. 1/2020 dated 23rd June, 2020 on the 20% reduction in the salaries of all Public and Political Office Holders, I am pleased to inform you that His Excellency, the Governor of Akwa Ibom State has approved the restoration of the full salaries of all Public and Political Office holders. The Public and Political office holders involved are:
• His Excellency, the Governor;
• His Excellency, the Deputy Governor;
• The Speaker and Members of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly;
• Secretary to the State Government;
• The Chief of Staff to the Governor;
• The Head of Civil Service;
• Hon. Commissioners and Special Advisers;
• Chairmen and Members of Boards & Commissions;
• Permanent Secretaries/State Auditor-General/State Surveyor General;
• State Accountant-General/Auditor-General for Local Governments;
• Senior Special Assistants, Special assistants and Personal Assistants to the Governor;
• Chairmen and Members of Local Government Councils.
“The restoration of the full salaries takes effect from January, 2021.
“The Akwa Ibom State Government is appreciative of the sacrifices made by all the affected persons during the period of the pay cut.
“This temporary measure was adopted to address the negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our State’s economic fortunes,” Dr. Emmanuel Ekuwem noted