Akwa Ibom Democratic Forum drums support for APC, Buhari, Akpabio, Akwa
A socio-political group with the name Akwa- Ibom Democratic Forum, (ADF) recently held a meeting to articulate a purposeful political vision for the group.
The group which comprises of APC Chieftains and stakeholders of Akwa Ibom North-West (Ikot-Ekpene) Senatorial District held the meeting January 23, 2021 and resolved as follows:
1. That the Forum appreciates His Excellency, President Muhamadu Buhari, on the appointments of Akwa Ibom sons as Honourable Minister in the person of His Excellency, Senator Godswill Akpabio; Senator Ita Solomon Enang, Senior Special Assistant to Mr President; Obong Umanah Okon Umanah, Managing Director/CEO Oil and Gas Free Zones Authority, (OGFZA); Pastor Efiong Akwa, Interim Administrator of NDDC; Senator John James Akpanudoedeghe, National Secretary of APC CARETAKER COMMITTEE etc.
2. Forum Identifies with and appreciates in a special way the Honourable Minister on his achievements so far in the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs especially the strides made on areas like East-West Road where work has commenced in earnest after a long abandonment; the completion and physical occupation of NDDC Headquarters which had been a pipe dream for more than 20 years; the Forensic Audit which is set to reverse the ugly trend that turned the Commission to a cesspool of corruption and reposition the Interventionist Agency for optimal development in the interest of the Niger Delta region. With these and many more accomplishments, the Forum is proud to pass unanimously an overwhelming vote of confidence on our reverred Son and Leader, His Excellency, Senator Godswill Akpabio, CON.
3. Forum appreciates the Interim Sole Administrator of the NDDC, Barr. Efiong Akwa on his performance so far, especially for reaching out to the stakeholders in the region to ensure peace in the Commission. It further calls on stakeholders in the region to give peace a chance for the envisaged development to occur.
4. Forum salutes the wisdom of Mr President in the formation of EXTRAORDINARY CARETAKER COMMITTEE of our party, APC headed by a tested, trusted and proven politician, His Excellency, Alhaji Mai Mala Buni and congratulates the members while urging them to be transparent in discharging their assigned responsibilities aimed at repositioning the party for greater success in the future.
5. Forum enjoins all members of the party in the State and Akwa Ibom North-West (Ikot Ekpene) Senatorial District in particular to mobilize our people for effective membership revalidation and registration exercise commencing on Monday 25th January, 2021.
6. Forum appreciates the National Caretaker Committee on the appointment of our son, Rt. Hon. Nse Ntuen as member of the National Revalidation/Registration Committee. We congratulate him and urge him to ensure that the exercise is conducted under a free and fair manner in the State.
7. Forum calls on the APC CARETAKER COMMITTEE (CTC) Akwa Ibom State Chapter to constitute State Caucus of the party as a matter of urgency and importance to ensure that decisions affecting the party in the State are only taken after due consultations with all the leaders of the party.
8. Forum seriously frowns at the illegal substitution of Mr. Steve Ntokekpo, the State Youth Leader of our party and hereby urge the CTC to take urgent and necessary steps to correct the detestful anomaly.
9. Forum condoles with the families of His Excellency, Air Commodore (Otuekong) Idongesit Nkanga (rtd), Obong Udo Ekpenyong, Arc. Ime Ekpo and others who have fallen victims of COVID-19 pandemic and hereby calls on the State Government to take proactive steps to curtail the spread while urging the citizens to adhere strictly to the COVID-19 protocols as approved by the NCDC and the State Government to forestall further spread and deaths.
10 Forum also commiserates with the family of late Air- Vice Marshal Nsikak Eduok (rtd) praying God in His mercy to kindly halt these rapid depletion of our people most of whom are our national assets.
11 Forum pledges its implicit loyalty to APC and promise to continue to work to enhance the fortunes of the party in the State in particular and the Nation in general. It thanks its interim officers and foundation members even as it promises to, in due season, extend its hand of fellowship to like minds to enable the body have a loud say in the scheme of things in our Nation and State.
12 Forum calls on all well meaning Nigerians to identify with Mr President in the struggle to rescue and restore Nigeria for the good of our people and generations yet unborn.
BEING A RESOLUTION ISSUED AT THE END OF THE MEETING OF AKWA-IBOM DEMOCRATIC FORUM (ADF)
Hon.(Obongemem) Ekperikpe Ekpo
Dr Tony Usoro
Barr Chris Okorie ADMINISTRATION.
Dr Patrick Umoh