These are some popular stories of the week
This week has been dominated by the End SARS protest across the country as different people have reacted in support of the protesters.
If you missed these stories, don’t worry we have got you covered. Here are some of the popular stories of the week, specifically between 11th October and 17th October, 2020.
1. #EndSARS: Hacker Group Anonymous Threatens to Expose Nigerian Government Secrets
Hacker group Anonymous threatened to reveal Nigerian government secrets. The group announced their intentions after taking over the National Broadcasting Commission twitter account. Read more
2. Sen Akpabio’s loyalist decamps to PDP
A loyalist of Senator Akpabio decamped from the APC to PDP. Read More here.
3. #EndSARS: Trending Pictures from the On-going Protest
We brought to you some of the trending pictures from the #EndSARS protest from across the country. Some of them have really powerful messages. If you missed it, you have a chance to see them all here.
4. End SARS: Why Governor Emmanuel was called “Yahoo Boy” by protesters
Also, during the week some EndSARS protesters had reportedly called the Akwa Ibom state governor, Udom Emmanuel a Yahoo Boy. If you missed this story, then it is time to read through it here.
5. Akwa Ibom PDP crisis deepens as members drag party to Court
Some members of the People’s democratic party in the state took the party to court over the conduct of the party congress in some sections of the state. If you missed this story, here is your chance to read more here.
6. UBE: Akwa Ibom State Government opens bids for 2019 intervention projects
In an effort to give Basic Schools the required facilities, the Akwa Ibom State Government opened bids for the implementation of the 2019 UBE Matching Grant Intervention Projects in the State. More about the story here.
7. How UNIUYO VC, Prof Enefiok Essien, produced 250 professors in 5 years
We also reported that the Vice Chancellor, University of Uyo, Prof. Enefiok Essien has received accolades for giving attention to staff promotion and development throughout his administration. Click here for details.
8. Police Brutality: Buhari vows to deal with miscreant officers
President Muhammadu Burahi finally broke silence during the week about the End SARS protest. He vowed to bring miscreant officers of the security institution to book. Read the full story here.
9. DSP Omo-Agege advocates South South Economic integration
The Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege this week called for economic integration among South South States. This he said should boost economic development, prosperity, and eradicate poverty among people of the region. Read more.
10. ASUU strike continues as university lecturers reject ₦30b earned allowance
ASUU refused to sign the resolutions put up by the government team at the end of an eight-hour long meeting between both parties that sought to end to protracted strike action by the university lecturers union. More on the story here.